Monday 8 June 2009

admiring the view








For the first time in 10 years, I rode a horse yesterday. Arrangements were made after mucho red wine on Saturday night - I woke up sweating at 4am after remembering I'd agreed to go! Glad I did though - Ginny (the horse I rode) was fabulous and completely unfazed by my nerves (even when a couple of pheasants flew out of the woods next to us unexpectedly) and, now that I've done it again, I'm quite keen to start riding again. We rode out on the Fasque estate and the views were stunning. Ginny likes to paw in water, so I had my Liv Tyler LOTR moment too... fun!!!

The duck eggs started hatching out while we were there, so we got to see the ducklings emerging... Their eggs really are duck egg blue (oh and yes, they are being hatched by a hen). I must get round to posting the photo of Jack with the tiny duckling we rescued from the crows, but that's another story.

Back to the Jumis illustration tonight (pity I feel like I've been kicked in the butt today! Normally I need a kick up the butt to get going...)

No comments: