Thursday 10 July 2014

my mother said, I never should...



...play with the gypsies in the wood! One of my favourite rhymes when I was little (along with the amazing illustration that accompanied it in the nursery rhyme book I had. If I find it, I will post it). So how fabulous is it that this beautiful caravan will be our holiday home this summer?! And it's a buy one, get one free kinda deal - it comes with the other caravan below! (And a fire pit, and morning croissants and fresh eggs for breakfast. I can't wait!).

Edit: mucho thanks to Victoria for posting the link to the illustration below, along with lots more. I haven't seen it for years! Thank you so much for sharing it!

3 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

oh wow that look amazing!!

was this the illustration you had in your book? It was also my favourite one when I was little too!

Victoria Stitch said...

oh whoops forgot to post the link! here it is: http://victoriastitch.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/janet-and-anne-grahame-johnstone.html

Veronica said...

Oh wow, yes it was! Thanks so much for sharing! That brings back so many memories - my sister and me had a book each; one with a pink cover and one with a blue cover, both different. So weird, I remember every detail, I must have spent hours looking at these! They are still somewhere at my parents' house, so thanks again!